Monday, January 11, 2010

I suffer from PHB (Post holiday Blues).


A brand new year is here, yes! It is a golden opportunity to start fresh, make changes, you know, mend the the errors of my ways and become a new and improved me. It's the time to march forward with a positive out look on life and embark on the let's make a better Craig trail. The past is behind me and all I have to do is just go forward, yeah, awesome! Only one little problem, I'm having a hard time getting into the spirit of the new year. It seems I'm suffering from PHB (Post Holiday Blues).
Don't worry, I have had this condition before and recovered, it just takes a little time. I must admit that it does seem a little worse this year than in the past years that I had it. I definitely made the mistake of over indulging in happiness over the Christmas break and now I have what I call a reality hangover. I know what leads to this condition and I could have prevented it but I just didn't care.

I didn't worry about what time I got up in the morning or what time I went to bed. I didn't carry a watch on my person the whole time so time didn't matter to me. I also took to much time off from work, as matter of fact I didn't think about work at all, big mistake. I played and I rested, and I played some more, way to much and as a result now my 8 hour work day seems like an eternity.

I also took full advantage of how nice people were over the Christmas holiday. I smiled at strangers and said hello to everyone I came in contact with and when they responded with a smile and a hello back I reveled in it. As the Bible instructs us, I was loving my neighbor and to my delight they were loving me back. I was diggin' it, the fact that people were saying excuses me, and thank you and please to me was the most wonderful feeling. It was so nice to have people let you get over in traffic, and with a smile no less. Well, I guess it's my own fault, I liked it a little to much and now getting to and from work is like going into battle zone and going shopping is like negotiating a survival course in a military zone.

My biggest mistake by far was loving my family to much. It seemed like a good idea at the time, you know, letting my heart run free and just cut loose with feelings for everyone. Yup, I just soaked in as much love and fun and attention from my family as I could stand. Now, I must suffer the feelings of love deficiency. It's like I stretched out my love pocket in my heart and now I will have to wait till it shrinks up a little.

I've got to tell you that even though moving into the new year has been a little painful and I know why I feel the way I do, I know I'll give myself PHB again the first chance I get in this new year. What can I tell you, I'm a glutton for punishment.



These are three workbook sketches from Lilo and Stitch, the top two are from a grave yard sequence that got cut from the movie. It was how Stitch learned about life and death. It was awesome, full of emotion, I wish they didn't cut it. The bottom one was a shot of him in the dog pound all lonely and stuff.

A workbook background from Brother Bear. I think this was a shot after Denhi falls in the river.

Clown angels, these guys are responsible for the funny things that happen to us.




Here is another baby Sable for you. She has always been a very unique kid, a little compulsive though, I guess she's a chip off the old block.

1 comment: